Every home needs a well organised space where the family can hang their bags, backpacks, coats and hats in a central location.
In America, they have been doing this to perfection with their Mudrooms. If you’re still not sure what we’re talking about, just put Mudroom into Pinterest and you’ll never be the same again.
With careful and thoughtful planning, you can create the perfect organisational Mudroom area by following these easy tips.
1. If your floor plan doesn’t allow for a big area, don’t worry, you only need a small wall in the hallway, laundry, entryway or the garage - just chose a space that is frequently used - just depending on where you enter the house the most.
2. Once you’ve got your space, figure out exactly what you’d like to organise and store in this space.
- Is it the kids school bags, hats and shoes?
- Do you have lots of coats and scarves?
- Do you have boots, sneakers and shoes that you need a space to put them on before you leave the house?
- Do you want space to decorate the front entry with photos, books and trinkets?
- Bench seats
- Panels for extra hanging space and decoration
- Hooks and shelving above for hanging space and storing decorative pieces and important objects like keys, wallets and